April 26 – July 22, 2012
Thursday, April 26 2012, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
As one of the most plentiful trees in the Southwest, Mesquite is an essential element in our desert ecosystem as well as an important aspect of this region’s cultural history. Adaptable to the arid landscape, Mesquite reveals its unique endurance, grace and beauty with each summer rain and winter freeze. Tohono Chul Park is celebrating the rich past, present and future of mesquite with an exhibition of fine furniture, functional works, and fine art created from and about the deep and dense wood of this iconic tree.
Work of any size that fits the following criteria may be submitted:
• Completed work crafted from mesquite either partially or entirely (furniture, functional ware, fine artwork, etc.)
• Or completed work in any 2- or 3-dimensional media depicting mesquite trees, pods, or other aspects of the tree.
Artists may submit images of work digitally via email or on a CD to the address below. Artists may submit up to 10 images in JPEG format (at least 300 dpi, no more than 6 inches in any direction). Each image should be clearly labeled with the artist’s last name and the title of work. Entries must also contain a list of images that includes the title, date completed, media, dimensions, and price* of each work submitted. Submission materials will not be returned. Do not submit original artwork. Please write “Attn: Exhibits Department” in the subject line of the email or on the envelope for mailed submissions.
*All work exhibited at Tohono Chul Park may be offered for sale. Please indicate the retail price of each submission. The Park retains 40% of all sales to directly benefit Park programming so please factor this into your retail amount. Specify NFS (not for sale) for work that is not for sale.
Submitting artists must include a brief artist statement about the submitted work and an artist biography with complete contact information. These must be submitted in either a Word document or pasted within the body of the submission email.
Deadline for submissions is March 9, 2012
Artists whose work is chosen for inclusion in the exhibit will be notified by March 26, 2012
- Digital Images (at least 300 dpi, no more than 6 inches in any direction). Each image must be labeled with the artist’s last name and title of work.
- Image list with the title, date completed, media, dimensions, and price of each submitted work (submitted in either a Word document or pasted in the body of the submission email).
Deadline for submissions:
- Artist contact information, biography and brief statement about the submitted work (submitted in either a Word document or pasted in the body of the submission email).
March 9, 2012
March 26, 2012
April 26 – July 22, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Please email submission to:
(include “Attn: Mesquite Submission” in the subject line)
Or, mail submissions to:
Attn: Exhibits Department Tohono Chul Park
7366 N Paseo del Norte
Tucson, AZ 85704